We have prepared and implemented our COVID Secure Risk Assessment that places the safety of our clients and workers at the heart of our operations.
Some of the steps we have taken to achieve this include:
- stylists will wear PPE in line with the Government Guidance (keeping workers and client safe during COVID 19 – Close contact Services (23/06/20)).
- Single use of either disposable gowns or reusable gowns which can be washed at 60 degrees after each use
- Hand sanitizers are located on the reception desk and workstations.
- Repositioning of chairs/ workstations to meet social distancing requirements between clients (2m).
- Reduction of number of stylists working within the shop to achieve social distancing between clients.
- Deep clean prior to re-opening and more frequent cleaning regime throughout the day, especially on touched areas.
- Designated workstations for stylists.
- stylist are equipped with their own cleaning products/ tools and hair products, so items are not shared in the shop.
- Effective signage as a visual reminder for clients and stylists.
For all to remain safe we need our clients to do the following:
- Anyone feeling unwell with COVID 19 symptoms, high temperature, continuous coughing or loss of taste and smell must not come to the shop.
- Please make appointments via the telephone/ online or via social media.
- Any consultations are encouraged to take place over the phone when booking your appointment. Should you need to discuss anything in the shop we will stand behind you and look into the mirror to
- Please arrive on time for your appointment and wait outside to be welcomed in by your barber/stylist. There will be a few chairs positioned outside at a safe distance apart for anyone who
wishes to sit down. Remember to bring an umbrella if needed as there is not room to wait inside.
- Please come to your appointment alone and avoid bringing your coat where possible. If you do bring a coat, then your stylist will show you where you should hang this.
- When you are greeted by your stylist you will be asked some COVID 19 related screening questions including
- Have you had a recent onset of a new continuous cough?
- Do you have a high temperature?
- Have you noticed a loss of, or change in, normal sense of taste and smell?
If the client has any of these symptoms , however mild they should stay at home and reschedule their appointment.
- When entering the shop please ensure you have your face mask on and use the hand sanitizer located on the reception desk. This is automatic so just place your hands underneath.
- The stylist will then show you to their station. This will be disinfected between each client. Extra time between appointments has been allowed but please bear with us if you are waiting.
- If you are bringing children in for haircuts, please remember you are responsible for them and supervising them at all times to meet social distancing guidelines.
- If your hair is being washed please ensure you keep your mask on.
- If you are coming from an environment where you have worked in close contact with people i.e. nursing homes and hospitals etc please ensure that you change your clothes before visiting the shop
to reduce transmission. We will also be practising this ourselves at the end of each day in accordance with the Government guidance.
- Please try not to touch surfaces when you are in the shop.
- Tissues and hand sanitizer are available at each workstation should you need to use them.
- We cannot offer you hot drinks at this time, but we have some bottle water and plastic cups if required.
- We recommend contactless payment and your stylist will bring the payment machine to your chair.
- If you would like to purchase any products, please talk to your stylist. A limited number is on display behind the reception desk, but more stock is available.
- We only have one entrance/ exit door so please give priority to those exiting the shop as there is more space outside to socially distance. Remember please do not enter the shop without being
asked to by your stylist.
In accordance with Government Guidance ‘Keeping workers and clients safe during COVID 19 close contact services – 23/06/2020’ , we will need to retain your name and contact details
(telephone number) for 21 days should you need to be contacted by the NHS Track and Trace team. We will note your name and number within our appointment book and Tippex out your contact details after
21 days in line with GDPR. Appointment books are stored in a secure location at night.
Please feel reassured that all the stylists are trained in these procedures and will guide you through your visit
A copy of our Risk Assessment is held in the shop. This will be regularly reviewed and updated accordingly.